Sunday, January 8, 2012

Posted by Picasa
Our Fall 2011


I realize it's been awhile since I've blogged. It's been a quick fall.  The biggest change in our lives is that Ollie started preschool and he rides a 'big yellow bus' every day. The first couple of weeks were rough (for both of us) and many tears were shed on that bus! Now he loves the bus and looks forward to his bus ride each morning. 

Here is a cute story. 

A couple of nights ago Ollie and I were listening to music while I was cooking dinner. The song was Bruno Mars 'Marry Me.' After the song he looked deep in thought and asked, "mom, what does marry mean?"

I needed to think about this before I responded. I came up with this. " Well Ollie, when a man and woman love each other very much they get married. Then they live together for the rest of their lives."

After a few seconds he came back with, "Mommy, are we married?"

Truth be told, he was not very happy when I explained marriage is only for grownups and he could never marry me because I was his mom. Very touching. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment